You don't need to break the bank to get a decent kids bike - here's our pick of the bestRead More
Where to buy the cheapest Frog Bikes - April 2019
Frog Bikes are some of the best known and well specified kids bikes available. And of course, as you generally get what you pay for when it comes to kids bikes, they aren't as cheap as some bikes. Prices ranging from £115 for the smallest balance bike - the Tadpole Mini through to £465 for the largest road bike, the Frog 70 Road, and £610 for the new Frog MTB 72. New Frog Bikes are rarely reduced in price, but sometimes it is possible to get a discount. In this post we look at the cheapest Frog Bikes available, plus list some other places to buy if you're struggling to find the correct colour/size combination. And of course, we cover off where to find second hand Frog Bikes, as this can work out much cheaper than buying new, and is of course better for the environment.
If you find somewhere cheaper, do let me know in the comments section below or via our Cycle Sprog Facebook Page.
CHEAPEST FROG BIKES - April 2019
Last updated Wednesday 11th April 2019
There's a few genuine discount on new Frog Bikes this week listed below. Plus there's a Price Match Promise from Tredz which will beat any genuine discounts on same specification new Frog Bikes for any other online retailer in the UK if you find somewhere cheaper during your research.
- Merlin Cycles have got up to 9% off some sizes and colours of Frog Bikes - including the Frog 52, down from £325 to £300
- Edinburgh Cycles are doing a trade in where you can get money off your next Frog Bike based on the condition of your old Frog Bike. Discounts range from 15% to 40% depending on the condition of the Frog bike you're trading in
- JE James Cycles have some sized Frog Bikes on discount this week - with the Frog 52 down from £325 to £305.
- Sprockets Cycles also have some sized Frog Bikes discounted - they have the Frog 55 at £310 (RRP £330)
- Rutland Cycles often sell off their ex-hire and part-ex Frog Bikes - with up to 25% off across a range of size and colour options this is a great option if you're happy with a refurbished bike that's been through the rigour of the Rutland Cycles workshop. Most of these refurbished bikes are click and collect only however.
- Tredz Bikes - price match promise - Tredz Bikes have one of the widest ranges of stock and they're just around the corner from the Frog factory in South Wales so can easily get in a size or colour if they don't have the one you want. The good thing is that they are currently running a price match promise on Frog Bikes, so if you are doing more research online and manage to find a genuine new Frog Bike of same specification (i.e. model year, size and colour) at a cheaper price (within the UK) they will send you a voucher code to beat that price which you can use to buy your Frog Bike with them within the following 7 days.You just need to select the Frog Bike you want to price match on, click the link in the top right hand side above the price which will take you to a link to fill in their price match form. Do this BEFORE you buy the bike and wait for the voucher.
Please don't visit your local Frog Stockist, use up a lot of their time test riding their stock and then go home and buy on line for £5 cheaper. You'll regret it when your local bike shop closes down and you have nowhere to go next time. Only buy on-line if you're happy measuring your child, picking the correct size Frog and doing the final few bits of simple assembly when the bike arrives.
SECOND HAND FROG BIKES
The best way to get a really cheap Frog Bike (and to help save the planet!) is to buy second hand! Frog bikes are so well built that they will last numerous children - we can attest to this as we've just passed a Frog 55 onto it's 5th rider in 5 and a half years. You may want to look at our post on buying a second hand kids bikes before you close a deal.
Check out these Ebay links to find a bargain Frog Bike (ages are approximate)
Other places to buy Frog Bikes:
If the above offers have expired, or they don't hold stock of the bike size / colour you want, then check out these alternatives:
LeapFrog is Frog's online second hand shop where their retailers can advertise bikes that have come back as part of their part exchange programme. You can search for those bikes closest to you - a great way to help your local bike shop and the environment at the same time.
Your local bike shop
Your local bike shop may do discounts if you're a member of a local cycle club, or if you buy several bikes from them at one time. They may also from time to time do discounts on ex-display models. You can find your nearest local Frog stockist here. This comes with the advantage that they will build the bike up for you, and you'll also have the satisfaction of knowing you're supporting a local business.
Independent bike shops offering FREE MAINLAND UK DELIVERY on Frog Bikes:
The best place to buy your Frog Bike will depend on which model and colour you are after, as not every retailer has them all in stock.
We'd love to hear if you find anywhere selling new Frog Bikes cheaper than we have found - do leave us a comment either in the comments section below, or via the Cycle Sprog Facebook page. Thanks!
Long term leasing of Frog Bikes
For some families a long term lease of a Frog Bike may be financially beneficial over buying new (although rarely over buying second hand). You can read more about how this works in our article - you do need to do the maths dependent on how many children you have who will want to ride the bike. For some families leasing is a real saving, for others you can end up spending more.
If we've helped you to save proper money on a Frog Bike this week why not help us out by buying us a coffee to say thanks!
If you've found this post on the Cheapest Frog Bikes useful, you may like these other articles:
- 12 things you need to know before buying a kids bike
- Why you shouldn't buy a really cheap kids bike
- Where to buy cheap Islabikes
- Choosing the best balance bike for your child
- Frog Bikes – Frog 55 review
- Review of the Frog 43 First Pedal kids bike
- Frog Road 58 – Kids Bike Review
- Frog Bikes launch new PUSH THE LIMITS kids bike range
- The Best Kids Bikes (Featuring Frog Bikes of Course!)
- Review of the Frog MTB 69
- The cheapest kids bikes
Affiliate Disclosure: Like most websites we use affiliate schemes to help fund the ongoing hosting and maintenance of our website. If you purchase your Frog Bike using our links you’re helping to keep Cycle Sprog going – thanks for your support!
E-bikes (also known as electric bikes or e-assist) are becoming increasingly popular, especially for family ...Read More
Exclusive 10% discount code for Tredz - to be used against kids bikes and helmetsRead More