Zigo Leader tricycle for cycling with a baby How to continue cycling with a baby in tow can be challenging for many new parents. New mum Dawn Rahman shares with us her solution – the Zigo Leader tricycle. “My husband and I began looking at bicycles that would be suitable for carrying newborns, soon after…
Buying a kids bike
Here at Cycle Sprog we’re here to help you find the perfect bike for your child. We don’t sell bikes ourselves – we’re here to help you decide which bikes you should be considering for your child and your budget, and where to buy your final choice from.
We only feature quality kids bikes that will last several children, which we’ve either ridden ourselves or which have been recommended to us by other keen cycling parents.
We’ll also help you through the process of deciding whether to buy a bike (either new or second-hand) or lease one.
Take a moment to GRAB YOUR FREE KIDS BIKE BUYING CHECKLIST which will help you record all the information you need to find the perfect bike for your child.
What type of bike are you looking for?
If you already know what type of bike you’re looking for, you can go straight to our recommendations for each type of bike:
The best kids bikes for all ages
Kids bikes are sold according to their wheel size (in inches). Small starter bikes (12″ to 18″ tend to come without gears) and 20″ wheels and over you can add in gears to make getting up hills easier.
If you’re not sure what type of geared bike you’re looking for, then we always recommend a good quality hybrid bike.
We’ve selected the best kids bikes in each size to help you find that perfect bike. We’ve included new, secondhand and lease options so all budgets are covered.
- The best 12″ wheel first pedal bikes for ages 2 years and over
- The best 14″ starter bikes for children aged 3 and 4 years
- The best 16″ wheel bikes for 4 and 5 year olds
- The best 18″ wheel kids bikes for a 5 year old
- The best 20″ wheel kids bikes
- The best 24″ wheel kids bikes for ages 7 to 10 years
- Best 26″ wheel kids bikes for ages 9 – 13 years
- Bikes for teenagers and small adults
Advice on buying a kids bike
- The best kids bikes 2022 – our pick of the very best
- How does the Bike Club work?
- The cheapest kids bikes
- Types of kids bikes explained
- Why you shouldn’t buy a REALLY cheap new kids bike
- Cheaper alternatives to Islabikes
- Where to buy the cheapest Frog Bikes – June 2022
- Best girls bikes – as recommended by girls who ride bikes
- The best bikes for a 6 year old girl 2022
- Bikes for a 10 year old boy
- How to assemble a kids bike out of the box
- Does my child need stabilisers?
Not found what you’re looking for?
If you’ve not found the perfect bike just yet, then here’s all our bike related articles for you to browse through:
Keep up to date with the latest Cycle Sprog articles
Sign up to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox.