Small pedal bikes
Buying your child their first (or second) pedal bike is such an exciting experience. We’re here to help guide you through the process so you can be confident that you’re getting a bike that your child is going to love riding.
We’ve lost count of the times parents have told us their child “just doesn’t like cycling” and when we dig deeper they’ve bought a bike that’s either the wrong size, too heavy or too advanced for their child.
The articles below will help you make the right choice for your child and your bank balance – we cover new, second-hand and leasing options so there is something for everyone.
Take a moment to GRAB YOUR FREE KIDS BIKE BUYING CHECKLIST which will help you record all the information you need to find the perfect bike for your child.
p.s. If your child isn’t ready for pedals just yet check out our section on balance bikes instead.
Cycle Sprog reviews
- First look at the Hornit HERO 14 kids bike
- Review of the Frog 43 14″ wheel kids bike – a first pedal bike for ages 3+
- Review of the Squish 18 kids bike
- Review of the Hoy Bonaly 16 kids bike
- Review of the Woom 2 kids 14″ wheel bike for ages 3 to 5 years
- Black Mountain Pinto and Skøg review – our first impressions