Family Cycling Podcast – Mountain Biking with kids
feat Lindsey Kelly from ShredXS
Mountain Biking can be such a fun thing to do with your kids! But how do you get into it? What kit do need (or not need)? And what happens if your child ends up MUCH better at mountain biking than you?
These are just some of the things discussed in this episode of the Family Cycling Podcast.
Hosts Alex and Karen are joined by Lindsey Kelly from Shred XS, who knows a thing or two about mountain biking with kids. Her two decided to take up racing, and then as a family they went on to set up the clothing brand which has gained a loyal following amongst junior mountain bikers all around the country.
Lindsey takes us on a fascinating journey from being total novices to industry experts, and shares some huge news about the future of ShredXS too!
Scroll down for the podcast and the show notes.
Family Cycling Podcast - Mountain Biking with kids - with Lindsey Kelly, ShredXS
If you prefer to use Spotify here's our show (please follow us!):
Show notes - Mountain Biking with Kids (feat Lindsey Kelly, ShredXS)
Listed below are the things that we mention in the podcast.
Mountain Biking Advice
- How we became a mountain biking family in just one year
- Best kids 20" wheel mountain bikes for 5 and 6 year olds
- Best kids 24" wheel mountain bikes ages 7 to 10 years
- Best kids 26" wheel mountain bikes
- Lucy and Katie go mountain biking at Fort William and watch the World Cup DHs!
- Kids Guide to Mountain Bike Racing
- Frog MTB 69 kids mountain bike review
- Review of the Cube Stereo 140 Youth full suspension mountain bike
- Kids hydration packs - pros and cons of using them on a family bike ride
Help us spread the love for family cycling!
If you've enjoyed this podcast here are a few things you can do now:
- Tell your friends - share on social media now!
- Sign up for the Cycle Sprog newsletter to hear when the next episode is coming out
- Drop us a comment in the box below to let us know what you want us to cover next.
- Don't forget to also share your balance biking stories and advice, to help inspire others to give it a go
- Use the links above to make your balance biking purchases as we may get a small affiliate commission which helps us with the next episode
Alex and Karen
Keep up to date with the latest Cycle Sprog articles
Sign up to receive our newsletter straight to your inbox.