In just over a year we've gone from casual cyclists to mountain bikers - here's our journeyRead More
Inspire your Cycle Sprog with a kids size yellow jersey
If Chris Froome’s third consequetive vistory in the Tour de France has inspired your youngster to get out on their bike, a child size Tour de France yellow jersey (Maillot Jaune) could help spur them on even more. They’re currently available at a number of online retailers, with an RRP of £50. Every year they sell out (I know because last year I helped a very hassled dad try to find the last one in existence for a Christmas present – he ended up shipping it from France!) At the time of writing (23rd July) the following retailers had some sizes in stock:
- Pro Bike Kit – they were the cheapest place when I checked (plus Cycle Sprog readers get an extra 10% off via our special code) but they only had size small (age 6) remaining (worth checking in case they have a new delivery)
- Evans Cycles – all sizes remaining were remaining at time I checked
- Wiggle – good stock availability in the smallest and largest sizes – limited numbers remaining in the ages 8 and 10 jerseysFor the 2017 race the jersey design was changed slightly, to include a tricolour trim along the two rear seams which you can see here:
Le Coq Sportive kids size Tour de France yellow jerseys are the official race replica jerseys, and are made to the same standard as the adult replica shirts, and come in the following ages: 6 (s), 8 (M), 10 (L), 12 (XL) and 14 (XXL) years.
The kids yellow jerseys have all the technical specifications you’d expect, including a lightweight polyester fabric, three rear pockets, a breathable 3D mesh panel at the base of the neck and a mesh panel to stop sweaty backs.
The RRP for the Coq Sportive junior size Tour de France Yellow jersey is £50.00, and they are available at
- Pro Bike Kit – (plus Cycle Sprog readers get an extra 10% off via our special code)
- Evans Cycles
Can I get a kids size King of the Mountains jersey?
Yes, as well as the child size Tour de France yellow jerseys this year Coq Sportive are also doing a kids size King of the Mountains jersey. This too comes with the new tricolour stripe – again a first for 2017.
Again, the cheapest place at time of writing was Pro Bike Kit, but they have almost sold out (plus don’t forget the additional 10% discount code) with Wiggle having some sizes left and Evans Cycles showing availability for all sizes.
Read a review of the child size Tour de France yellow jerseys:
Read the Cycle Sprog review of the Coq Sportive child size Tour de France Yellow jersey to find out how two keen young cyclists were inspired by their jerseys.
Other posts you may like:
- Tour de France facts for kids – become an expert on the worlds greatest cycle race!
- The best road racing bikes for kids – 24″ wheels
- The best road racing bikes for kids with 20 inch wheels
- Kids guide to Tour de France jersey colours
- Frog Road 58 – Kids Bike Review
- The Islabikes Luath review
Thanks for visiting Cycle Sprog. We’d love to know how your budding cyclist reacts when they get their child size Tour de France yellow jerseys – send us your photos tagged #cyclesprog on Instagram and we’ll re-gram the best of the bunch.
Affiliate disclosure: This post on kids yellow jerseys contains some links that use affiliate marketing. This means that when you purchase through them Cycle Sprog gets a very small commission. All these small amounts help us to fund the ongoing hosting and maintenance of the website, so thanks so much for your support.
Our kids guide to The Tour de France is a great way to learn about the world's longest cycle raceRead More
Robert Henshaw from Quest 88 gives us some advice on cycling for children with additional needsRead More