We are recruiting a Content Editor
Do you have the passion and skills needed to publish amazing online content that will help inspire the next generation of cyclists?
We're currently recruiting for a Content Editor and we'd love to hear from you!
Not you? Please share and help spread the word!
Title: Content Editor, Cycle Sprog
Reporting to: Editor
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000 pa pro rata depending on experience
Hours: Negotiable between 21 and 35 hours per week
Location: Kendal, Cumbria, with flexibility to work from home
Cycle Sprog is THE website for family cycling.
1.5 million parents and grandparents visit us each year when they’re looking for a new kid’s bike or advice about cycling with children.
The recent cycling boom means we’ve never been busier and have an opportunity for a Content Editor to produce and manage our online content.
You’ll be inspiring the next generation of families to get out on their bikes, as well as working with some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Creating content – you will research and write your own original articles and assign articles to our team of freelance writers
- Proof reading and publishing content
- Working with our review panel, including suppliers
- Working on client and in-house projects and campaigns
- Managing our editorial calendar
- Writing and proof-reading skills must be of the highest quality with excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Adaptable writing style to reflect the tone of voice required by each article
- Understanding and experience of SEO techniques to maximize ranking potential of content published
- Ability to explain technical cycling terminology simply
- Quick to pick up new concepts, skills, and technologies
- Excited about getting involved in new projects to grow the business
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
Working for a small business requires the flexibility and confidence to turn your hand to many tasks.
We don’t expect you to have experience of all these skills but let us know if you have a background in any of the following:
- Working for an online magazine or website
- Writing for parenting or cycling audiences
- Product reviews or review panel management
- Experience of the cycling industry
- Management / mentoring of junior staff members or apprentices
- WordPress Site Origin
- Mailchimp, Flodesk, Thirsty Affiliates, Leadpages, Canva
- Google Analytics, Power BI
- Development and distribution of online training courses or products
- Email database management and expansion
- Social Media channel management
- Digital Marketing, PR
- Video creation / production
- Sales and customer relations
- This post is subject to a DBS basic check
- Occasional support for external events may be required
Please send your CV or LinkedIn Profile, a covering statement telling us what you’d bring to this role, and an example of your writing to [email protected] by Wednesday 20th April 2022.
We will notify all applicants who we wish to interview before 29th April 2022.
PDF Download for printing: