We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your involvement with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to Cycle Sprog Ltd.
The effective date of this policy is 15th May 2018.
For the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Editor has overall responsibility for data protection compliance. Contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section at the end of this privacy notice.
1. Personal information we may collect from you
You may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as:
- Information that you provide via our website at (our site) or via our email addresses. This may include personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers
- Records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- Details of your use of and movements through our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access
- Any other information you voluntarily submit, including photographs and videos
- You may consent to share with us details about your children under the age of 16, including name, age, location information, photos and videos.
We do not collect or process any "Special Categories of Personal Information".
We do not collect or process information directly from children under the age of 16.
2. When we collect your personal information and how we use it
We collect personal information from you when you:
Sign up for our newsletter - we ask you to provide consent to us storing your name and email address in order to send you our newsletter. We use a "double opt-in method" involving a form and an email confirmation when signing up, and you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at anytime by clicking the link in the latest newsletter, or contacting us.
Enter competitions and complete surveys - you may voluntarily enter competitions or complete surveys on our site, which may collect details such as name and email address.
Provide content for inclusion on our site - you may voluntarily provide us with personal data about yourself and your child(ren), when providing us with a product or route review or other material for publication on our website. Please note that any information you disclose will become public information, and may be available to other site visitors and to the general public. We always seek your consent to publish this information on our site, and you can request us to remove the information at any time.
Interact with our site and social platforms - you may voluntarily share information about yourself or your child(ren) on our posts and blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including the Cycle Sprog pages on Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to other site visitors, social media platform users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about yourself or your family via the social sharing features of our platform.
3. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Any party approved by you
- Our service providers: for example, email marketing specialists, payment processors, data analysis, and IT services;
- Our supply chain partners and sub-contractors: such as couriers, import/export agents, shippers;
- Our social media followers: where you have voluntarily submitted your information to us, our social media platform or our site;
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives;
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
Sale or merger of our company: We have no plans to sell our site. In this unlikely event, we may use, disclose, or transfer your personal information to a third party if we are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. Linking with third party sites
In common with many websites, our Site contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, including but not limited to affiliate networks and advertisers. We always make it clear if a post contains affiliate links or is sponsored by a third party. Cookie information may be transferred to these third party sites to allow the tracking of any purchase you make. Further details are available in our Affiliate Disclosure.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and you should check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Our inclusion of a link on our services does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or service.
5. Where we store your personal data
6. How long we keep your data for
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as:
it's needed for the running of our website: our retention period for data associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers is 38 months. This allows three years of analysis and comparison of data to ensure we're providing our readers with the content they require at the right time of the year;
we need it for the purpose you provided it: we will keep your personal details for up to two years after you enter a competition or complete a survey, or until it is obsolete / superceded in case of content published on our site;
you're happy for us to use it: you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time, or ask us to remove personal data from our website or social channels at any time buy using the contact details below.
7. How we keep your data secure
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use, or disclosure of it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. Your rights in relation to personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
10. Contacting us
Pixel Mill Business Centre
44 Appleby Road