Time is running out, but if you're quick you may just be able to order a bike in time for Christmas deliveryRead More
British Cycling to launch new "Learn to Ride" programme
British Cycling have announced a new Learn To Ride programme which will launch during summer 2018. The aim is to help every child in the country to learn to ride a bike. The programme will support parents, teachers, grandparents, childminders and anyone else who looks after children aged between 18 months and 8 years to be part of a child's learn to ride journey.
The learn to ride programme promises that it will be fun and simple to start, with three easy-to-follow stages. At each stage there will be games to improve key cycling skills, along with helpful advice including what to wear, how to turn a pedal bike into a balance bike and how to adapt activities for children of any age and ability.
- Prepare: The first stage is all about developing important movement skills that will help with balance, braking and bike control later on. A bike is not needed for any of these games and you can use objects from around the home.
- Balance: Stage 2 comprises of games to play on a balance bike, getting a feel for moving the bike around, developing balance, speeding up and slowing down.
- Pedal: Stage 3 introduces children to pedalling, with activities that will help young riders to feel confident on their bicycle.
The programme has yet to be named, and British Cycling are inviting their members to choose their favourite name from the following options:
Ready, Set, Ride; Go-Ride Go; Learn to Ride; Super Cyclists; I Can Ride
Alternatively British Cycling members can submit another name for consideration.
The scheme will launch during the summer of 2018 - we'll share more details on the Cycle Sprog Facebook page as they come available, so make sure you're following us!
Other articles you may find useful:
- Choosing the best balance bike for your child
- 9 things to consider when buying a balance bike for your child
- The best 14″ starter bikes for ages 3 and 4 years
- The best 16″ wheel bikes for 4 and 5 year olds – 2018
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £19.95Was: £20.79
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: £33.18Was: £34.99
Price: £13.19Was: £19.99
Price: £12.14Was: £19.99
Price: £13.78Was: £19.99
Price: £7.99Was: £12.49
Exclusive 10% discount code for Tredz - to be used against kids bikes and helmetsRead More